- Mon, 13:52: I wonder why so few law firms are upfront and honest about what it means to be a practising solicitor? It's not (in my experience) about the quality of advice or as much as it gets trotted out, clients first but 'billing'. If you can bill (and get paid!), you win. Period.
- Mon, 16:03: Glad I'm not camping. The heavens have well and truly opened.
- Mon, 17:08: I wonder how many people have read: Arthur Schopenhauer, Peter Zappfe and David Benatar?
- Tue, 07:02: “Humans are tuned for relationship. The eyes, the skin, the tongue, ears, and nostrils—all are gates where our body receives the nourishment of otherness.” ― David Abram, The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-Than-Human World
- Tue, 07:23: I just published 'It’s too late' https://t.co/Z0bp2OQqau
- Tue, 07:31: Almost Dark https://t.co/hkLP0HMJe5 / this morning's music. @CourageousAcco will like this.
- Tue, 08:20: Imagine your whole career being defined by how many hours you 'billed'. No, I mean really think it through. Your life amounted to nothing more than a spreadsheet and satisfying the partners that you could bill 4/5 times (and a bit more) your salary. That was me for too long.
- Tue, 09:38: It’s such a gorgeous day today. I had to wait until a bit later to go out for a walk because no one was awake to look after the puppy – ha ha. https://t.co/gbf0Ndny0A
Fri, 12:15: RT @ seasonalight: Chapter Severn – The Mouth – Deus Ex Machina https://t.co/qP0GqDs2KI On Capitalism and plot flaws, and more…
Thu, 16:40: New word for me: ontogenetic. Thu, 16:43: Am I wrong to think that any argument to avert the climate catastrophe without also…
Wed, 15:00: Mrs S has taken the plunge and bought an electric car for work. Long overdue. I'm also close to selling my car. Back to riding my…