Have you ever thought what would happen if you let go of:
1. Your desires?
2. Your pursuit of happiness?
3. Your accretion of wealth?
4. Your need for acceptance?
5. Your framing of the world?
6. Your control of the exterior landscape?
7. Your control of people?
We're conditioned to believe that (total) surrender is weak and leaves us vulnerable. But is it?
Ultimately, if you're willing to let go and face your fears (what is so fearful of fear?) then you may find that the true Self finally reveals itself.