- Mon, 13:51: A morning in the garden. I'm a little tired but in a nice way. Now waiting on daughter #1 to arrive with the BF. I think the house is clean enough!
- Mon, 15:14: I've got Being and Time by Heidegger on my desk. Mixed emotions about starting it. A few Paul Celan poems first.
- Mon, 17:38: Yasmin Williams, “Through The Woods” | New York Guitar Festival sessions https://t.co/1oSaG1b3Af / this will blow your mind @StefanPowell. I can't believe anyone could play a guitar so beautifully.
- Mon, 17:50: I feel a bit sorry for daughter no #1's new BF. He's now been whisked off to the beach and daughters #2 & #3 are going too and that's after a 6-hour drive and shopping en route. Still, he seems game. And a nice guy to boot.
- Mon, 17:54: https://t.co/2KyyQdAeQd
- Mon, 18:15: Whilst it's quiet I'm playing Ella Fitzgerald. One of the most gifted jazz singers of all time.
- Tue, 06:00: “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.” ― Milan Kundera
- Tue, 08:44: Human-induced global heating ‘causes over a third of heat deaths’ https://t.co/8xWnLbLw1r https://t.co/TnSQq3t4Kt
- Tue, 10:09: Stephen Jenkinson On The Book Ishmael By Daniel Quinn https://t.co/uriWdPyFXw https://t.co/Jw43B656wV
“While you are continuing this practice, week after week, year after year, your experience will become deeper and deeper, and your experience will cover everything you do in your everyday life. The most important thing is to forget all gaining ideas, all dualistic ideas. In other words, just practice zazen in a certain posture. Do not think about anything. Just remain on your cushion without expecting anything. Then eventually you will resume your own true nature. That is to say, your own true nature resumes itself.”
― Shunryu Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice