A different vibe to start my day together with my Aeropress-made coffee.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa
“Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny--he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally--you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.”
Where do I even start?
Truth is, I haven't a bloody clue.
Perhaps the Gods want to see if we can really screw things up — so far, a few aeons in, we're not doing a bad job of it!
Or, it's just part of the evolutionary process?
But it's curious, at least to me, why the putative Crown of Creation would manifest, develop, grow in number and then find itself in a situation, with or without the pandemic, where it's staring into the abyss of its own demise.
(There's this effing voice I can't get rid of that says: "It's too late...". What the hell is all that about?)
Why do I keep positing these somewhat insuperable questions?
We're here: doing our thing: and the rest, as they say, is detail.
I suppose what I'm circling back to is the whole existential crises we must all face at some time in our life. In my case, I grieve the for the earth and all non-human life, particularly or more especially with the haunting idea that they or it would be a lot better off without us. It can't be right that our only job is to consume, to ravage and to decimate something so deliciously rich and jaw-droppingly beautiful?( Collapse )
- Wed, 12:44: Big fan of @LAMY pens. No nonsense writing.
- Wed, 13:01: Another day https://t.co/mPPXUJqLq7 https://t.co/e1vOsNkMui
- Wed, 16:42: Going with the flow https://t.co/dUEvNqkcTI
- Wed, 17:53: Upcoming Events – Orphan Wisdom https://t.co/hX0DdfDXSK / ready to sign up to a few of Stephen Jenkinson's events for 2021. https://t.co/DmSkG4rxCn
- Wed, 18:04: Whatever happened to our wisdom traditions? The world is awash with bestseller pop psychology - yuk. If only we hadn't lost contact with our indigenous past.
- Wed, 18:24: Charles Mingus tonight. I'm in heaven.
- Wed, 18:27: II B.S. — Charles Mingus - Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus (1963) https://t.co/ISOK7VFv8U / off the scale. Love it.
- Wed, 18:30: Daughter #2 -- 2nd-year law undergraduate -- is really enjoy her course but is desperate to know what the world of work might look like next year. She wants to go to the Bar. I struggle in knowing what to say.
- Wed, 18:41: Words I find utterly meaningless these days (with 41 yrs at the coalface): culture, purpose, leadership, management, comms and listening. I could go on. Even the idea of a human-centred org. -- as if it were otherwise -- leaves me feeling a little nauseous.
- Thu, 05:50: Seasick Steve - You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks https://t.co/QmLyOEGy3x / different groove this morning. One of my fav concerts.