“Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
NHS could vaccinate UK against Covid in five days, says Oxford professor.
Not bad, eh.
God, I'm so bloody lucky.
Typical of this government.
Yanina Spizzirri, someone I've connected with on Twitter, shared a few pictures of the great man, Buk.
What do you think to this one?
I LOVE IT.
- Sat, 15:36: Reading daughter #1's architectural project on rewilding cities. Absolutely fascinating and might I say a tad more interesting than some of the turgid law I've got to digest.
- Sat, 17:08: A whole load of people/companies get mega rich at the earth's expense; and then (if I was a betting man) the same cohort do exactly the same cleaning up their sh*t. Am I missing something?
- Sat, 17:12: Poetry question. Are there any modern-day Bukowski's? I've not found anyone, yet. Here's one of his best poems read by Tom O'Bedlam if you're not familiar with his shtick: No Leaders Please https://t.co/TlXemCaT2A
- Sat, 18:41: Starting to look at the work of Hieronymus Bosch. OMG.
- Sat, 19:54: My kids will sort out our mess. I know they will.
- Sun, 06:00: “For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Sun, 07:00: We're not a job https://t.co/jSdwpIFMTv / today's little blog post (thank you to @white_owly for the prompt). https://t.co/np0JI3MaCa
- Sun, 08:05: Amazing skyline this morning. https://t.co/dAA34lkLqI
- Sun, 09:05: Mart�n Prechtel author of The Smell of Rain On Dust, Grief and Praise https://t.co/Uta7uW76LK
- Sun, 10:29: Plan for the future now or Covid will last for years, UK scientists warn https://t.co/nqBsuV3VNW https://t.co/cBsEoIxR2o