And I feel that each time I sit down to write.
Over the past few months, I've never lost interest in blogging. Mind you, the energy levels have been a bit up and down but I've always shown up.
In the beginning — and we are talking well over a decade now — it was about being seen, building a tribe (see Seth Godin's book of the same name) and helping to grow a business. I failed on all three counts. No regrets. None. Why? Because it instilled in me one hard truth: blogging is about nothing more than answering the need to express myself.
It's art. Pure and simple.
Of course, you may have a different orientation and that's fine but even allowing for the disparate and sometimes disjointed subject areas I choose to write about, it's the only form of self-expression that I've returned to over and over again.
And that feels (not in an egoic way) good. Very good.
I'm 53 going on 90 😁 and I ask myself whether in the next few years I'll still feel inspired to blog? I don't know. So much can change in such a short period of time, but something tells me, whatever it's called, I'll still feel compelled to write. It's not that I feel anything I say is worth powder and shot but if nothing else, it's my therapy or at least it's therapeutic to take out another blank sheet of paper and reveal something of my soul. Whether I'll want to or need to share it publicly, I'm not sure.( Collapse )
- Wed, 15:16: I hear the phrase sudden death and I've seen and been involved in a few, and without wanting to appear grossly insensitive, knowing that we're all dying and will die, what makes it sudden? #diewise #grief
- Wed, 17:00: “The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.” ― Rumi
- Wed, 19:24: Walking has been my salvation over lockdown. God knows what I'd have done if I hadn't been able to go outside and explore — with Alfie 🐶 of course.
- Wed, 19:30: Such an important message from Charlie. Someone you should be following. https://t.co/zvQiiDgdqn
- Thu, 05:20: Another early shift in progress. Still, the coffee is poured and there's music playing https://t.co/j84kjkCwfp. https://t.co/Mplqgm6zH5
- Thu, 06:00: “Your own attention is what spiritualizes things. Attention to the meal you cook, the clothes you wash. Attention is love. And that’s transformative.” — Karen Maezen Miller
- Thu, 07:10: Why I'm still blogging https://t.co/RO4TJYOAZk / today's little #blog offering https://t.co/pdv8oairxP
- Thu, 07:47: My first wasp sting of the year. The poor little creature was half asleep; it sure woke me up!🤣
- Thu, 12:00: Embercombe Online - Dark Road Dreams - with Stephen Jenkinson https://t.co/YKsfXxPB7A