A perfect way to start your Sunday musical hideaway.
“If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” ― Meister Eckhart
I'm tired today.
Or rather I'm feeling the aftereffects of my daughter's 17th birthday (daughter #3). Ah, but it was fun.
But, in part, it was tinged with a melancholic feel, given that her grandad wasn't here to celebrate it with her. He never forgot to telephone his grandchildren to wish them happy birthday — you could practically set your watch by the time of the call — and to give them a card and present.
I wasn't surprised, but my daughter, after we'd come back from the beach, said she wanted to visit his grave in Totnes. This was the first time since Brian's funeral I'd felt able to visit. To be honest, as someone who's never been a fan of burials, I wasn't surprised to see that his plot looked a little worse for wear and shorn of a headstone it felt, well, cold, almost empty of Brian's soul. We tidied it up, placed some new flowers on the plot and there was a moment where we all cried — we didn't need to say anything; the moment said it all. God knows what my daughter was feeling. We miss you Brian and you will forever live on in our hearts 🖤.( Collapse )
- Sat, 12:12: Life offers such huge potential.
- Sat, 13:50: Torcross for a birthday swim. Surprisingly warm. https://t.co/ykO0lisih4
- Sat, 16:40: I've loved the few sea swims I've done over the last week. I'm about to start looking for a new wetsuit for when it… https://t.co/pNeCX8B9dj
- Sat, 17:05: I've got Kindle, Google Books and a hard-copy book all on the go. It all adds to the mix and actually I like the di… https://t.co/QV3hNNhlkX
- Sat, 17:42: I love this. https://t.co/TzgLzT2eau
- Sat, 18:37: Back to Cornwall tomorrow to celebrate my brother-in-law's 60th. A very small gathering but my late father-in-law,… https://t.co/pVD4gsZOWR
- Sat, 18:43: If only the humans would leave it alone. https://t.co/2VXnVccUqL
- Sat, 18:48: OMG, I've rediscovered Anthony and the Johnsons.
- Sat, 18:53: @GrimArtGroup tried to comment on your Tweet but I think it might have gone. No worries.
- Sat, 19:24: tomorrow would have been the 100th birthday of the late Charles Bukowski. i will be sharing a few poems and i make… https://t.co/2AlOOncl6s