This dream is the natural state of man. We live in this dream as we live in the air, and would be hopeless if we were not able to realize sometimes that we live not only in this world, but also in another world, where it is possible for us to awaken to different perceptions, to another way of being, of thinking and of feeling. The act of waking up can change everything; it is to be born to another world within oneself. —Henri Traco, The Taste of Things That Are True
Everything vanishes around me, and works are born as if out of the void. Ripe, graphic fruits fall off. My hand has become the obedient instrument of a remote will. — Paul Klee
I'm exhausted today.
In fact, getting up was really hard.
To be honest, I'm not sure what to say other than it's going to take the Perring family a long time to get over Brian's death.
Actually, that's not what I mean.
They'll never 'get over' anything. Why should they? It will be a case of living, as best they can, with their deep, profound grief, and holding fast to a bushel of wonderful memories to allow them to see and remember all that Brian offered the world — which was vast.
I'm back to work today. I can't say I've got any enthusiasm for it. In fact, I'm not sure I can face the inanity of the conversation that goes with the business-as-usual, let's-all-move-on whether it's in relation to Brian's death or the whole Covid19 pandemic. I don't want to say that the few people who know of his death haven't been sympathetic but they didn't know him or my relationship with him, and it feels not altogether real when they say, "I'm sorry for your loss".( Collapse )
- Tue, 12:44: Chips at Slapton near to Brian's little flat. Such an amazing place.🌊🌊 https://t.co/6yyNYyyynf
- Tue, 17:06: It's been a long day but it's been wonderful to have all my girls around and to spend time with them ❤️.
- Wed, 06:09: “And when the work of grieving is done, The wound of loss will heal And you will have learned To wean your eyes Fro… https://t.co/8nLGIzD9T0
- Wed, 06:44: The day after https://t.co/V3zbASIg0e https://t.co/WQaUHg5xsE
- Wed, 08:05: Watch @JuSummerhayes's broadcast: a quiet reflection https://t.co/jUlJ8Dkq80
- Wed, 09:26: I'm listening to an album called Four Centuries of Chant. Don't ask me why but, as a result, I've this overwhelming… https://t.co/H0oMTN6Qf6
- Wed, 10:04: RT @charlie_psych: I want to live more simply. And life feels more complex than ever.
- Wed, 10:22: I wonder what I've really learnt over my life (52)? I think the most powerful instruction might be to let go and be… https://t.co/r6DTCBnesB