Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
― Jack London
The end of another working week.
I used to do a weekly review but that sense of being (apparently) on top of things evaporated a long time ago.
It sounds hackneyed but it's how my life is and has become:
I take one day at a time.
Looking back just seems...foolish. But then again, perhaps I should consider (as an example) what I might have done differently. But, really! Do I honestly think I'm going to reprogramme myself to deal with the exact same situation differently, even for the better?
I don't think so.
I'll say it again — yes, and I know it's really boring but it's my life:
That's a blessing.
And all I can do is all I can do.
By the way, this isn't a prescription that I'm dolling out, nor my personal brand that I'm seeking to scale — ha, bloody ha. No, it's me, all of me and I'm not expecting anyone else to adopt let alone investigate what it's like to take one day at a time, and, as I said in yesterday's post, go with the flow [of life].
But then again, what else is there?
As to leaving things too late, is that on my mind right now? A little. Brian, my father-in-law, is very close to death and that, at least for me, in addition to the overwhelming grief and sorrow that's beginning to reveal its shadow and its light, reminds me (and us all) that it's too easy to put things off, but then, suddenly, for whatever reason, we find it's too late.
Too late to lean into something with all our energy, genius and proclivity to build and leave something of value.( Collapse )
- Fri, 12:58: I've been listening to this all morning. So beautiful ❤️. https://t.co/px26BpJnYM
- Fri, 17:05: My next book 📚 https://t.co/4ONCMUTdt7
- Fri, 18:20: The care for my father-in-law has been immense. He's at home, surrounded by his family, & pain free and whilst it's… https://t.co/ogdS8SRLZx
- Sat, 05:34: "The art of living... is neither careless drifting on the one hand nor fearful clinging to the past on the other. I… https://t.co/0jr7pnOj7X
- Sat, 06:25: Christe qui lux es et dies IV https://t.co/g6b2RxX7ez / this morning's music
- Sat, 07:15: Too late https://t.co/pYALl5NuMg / today's little blog offering https://t.co/RJ7h8QH5iH
- Sat, 08:03: Taking a photo in the rain is never easy / today’s one picture https://t.co/ICCBf5pFm4
- Sat, 08:11: RT @DrSteveMarshall: This week's blog: 'Return' ~ https://t.co/RazpGy3xkk ~ As we return to 'normal' and reset: "What would it take to deve…
- Sat, 08:27: Watch @JuSummerhayes's broadcast: in full flow 🙏 https://t.co/UwIX5QgWE5
- Sat, 08:31: So love this Astrid ❤️ https://t.co/kzjDSTBcGV