“Ten times a day something happens to me like this - some strengthening throb of amazement - some good sweet empathic ping and swell. This is the first, the wildest and the wisest thing I know: that the soul exists and is built entirely out of attentiveness.”
― Mary Oliver
Blimey, is it Thursday already?
How time flies...
I'm off to see Brian (my father-in-law) this morning; yesterday, he was a little confused but I'm hopeful with the addition of a new method of pain relief that, when I see him today, he'll have slept better which will help him with his speech and recognition of things. Then again, it won't matter how he is: the important thing is that I go and see him.
How's your week been? Busy? Quiet? Same as?
One thing that I keep reading about, which I find chilling and worrying in equal measure, is the talk of mass redundancies and high, very high levels of unemployment. My heart goes out to all those people and their families affected or likely to be affected. It's long time ago since I was last unemployed, but it's savage on the soul and our sense of self-worth. I hope this doesn't come to pass, but something tells me otherwise.
ours is a life of distraction.
rarely, if ever, do we lend our attention to one thing
in substitute to something else.
in essence, attention is parsed out
— it's almost kaleidoscopic.
and, in my humble view, that means:
we never see the full beauty of what's in front of us
we listen more to the voice in our head than what's around us, and
we miss so very much.
what does it mean to pay attention?
what does it mean?( Collapse )
- Wed, 12:29: This is simply beautiful and touching in so many ways I can hardly say. What an amazing, man, husband and most of a… https://t.co/incjFaaRRN
- Wed, 14:26: Sorry to be so blunt by why do law firms keep sending out invites to webinars without trying to find out what might… https://t.co/JilQFwrjQn
- Thu, 06:00: “I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable be… https://t.co/F9IKmAELbU
- Thu, 06:43: Today's one picture https://t.co/QhgLmLsUTG
- Thu, 07:00: Paying attention https://t.co/b8DKuV7o42 / today's little blog offering #life #mindful #trueself https://t.co/NeiTOZM2kR
- Thu, 07:20: Watch @JuSummerhayes's broadcast: Out and about https://t.co/D8plsZoxb0
- Thu, 07:48: Right now, I'm using voice-to-text for nearly everything that I do (save blogging), and on WhatsApp I'm using voice… https://t.co/m6HXBfktgP
- Thu, 11:26: Why do companies offer a landline number but make it almost impossible to speak to someone by dint of the number of… https://t.co/3PDEPN5wc6