Everyone’s experience indicates that everything we are, and everything we do, is simply the movement of existence itself. It’s here that we come to the highest realization indicated in all the great spiritual traditions: we do not exist as anything apart from the flow of nature and that flow is an unformed, inexplicable dance accomplishing itself. — Darryl Bailey, Essence Revisited: Slipping Past the Shadows of Illusion (p. 11). New Harbinger Publications
How was Monday?
(I appreciate this blog covers many timezones and, so, you may have to wait a while to answer that Q. or it may even be the early hours of Wednesday 😂.)
If it wasn't obvious, I've suddenly discovered a whole host of new images on Unsplash (textures and patterns) and I'm loving the dreamy feel. I will return to the sunsets, pictures of nature and a few industrial ones, but this is where I'm at right now.
As an aside, this wasn't the topic I was going to write about; I want to save it for another time. It's something I've briefly touched on before, namely you're perfect. And yes, I'm deadly serious. I don't know when I'll write about it but right now it doesn't look anything like that— wow, what an understatement! — but I don't think we can call these times unprecedented qua human beings.
Instead, I decided to touch on the above subject, which follows on from my last few posts about why we do what we do without (apparent) demur — i.e. we follow a well-worn path of going to school, getting an education, finding a job, settling down, trying to do well in our job/career, enjoying our lives🙄, retiring and then...well, there ain't much time left, not that you don't want to do a lot of living.( Collapse )
Thank you to David Kanigan for sharing.
- Mon, 13:58: @M_Z_Harrison just settling into episode 11 of The Stubborn Light of Things. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed… https://t.co/ak340fP7sG
- Mon, 15:51: Time to sit in my favourite chair and read a bit more Kerouac.
- Mon, 16:04: I'm thinking about recording my blog in case it's easier to digest (HT @StefanPowell). Any thoughts Twitter? Here i… https://t.co/8HU4ok0JlD
- Mon, 17:42: Am I the only one to feel that politics —whatever that actually means — has had its day?
- Mon, 17:46: One of my favourite Francis Bacon paintings https://t.co/r82slqAPJi
- Mon, 18:19: Sharing Howl by Alan Ginsberg with Mrs A. I wish I had more time to study the depth of the poem and not just read t… https://t.co/eN0kfgkSzU
- Tue, 06:00: "Years later, I read a book stating that no one has ever had any experience of directing life. As I considered that… https://t.co/4EEi1JFmqz
- Tue, 06:09: Sylvan Esso - There Are Many Ways to Say I Love You https://t.co/cRWRoEit9E / beautiful song
- Tue, 07:15: Deprogramming ourselves https://t.co/uJI03ved9u / today's little blog offering https://t.co/BR1LM9N89z
- Tue, 07:34: Another favourite spot 🌿 https://t.co/DiO3g9zJdD