“It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Zahir
"Crunch time turns out to be one of those times when “right” and “wrong” are only two of a handful of possible actions and outcomes. You’d think that getting old enough, and old enough to know better, would serve someone in good stead, that good judgement would prevail. It turns out that getting old is one of those ragged, dissembling crunch times, too. If you wait for the wisdom of age to take over, you often wait in vain." — Stephen Jenkinson, Come of Age: The Case for Elderhood in a Time of Trouble
It's a bit tautological.
But in simple terms, what ends when something ends?
I'm thinking specifically of dreams, jobs, relationships and, yes, life?
The last one. Easy. We're no longer here. And then? I'll come back to this.
But take the other three. We go after something because it's the right thing to do; or we can't think of anything better; or we don't pay it much heed. We get it. High fives all round. We've scaled our highest peak. And then what?
It never lasts.( Collapse )
- Mon, 13:00: meaning https://t.co/t6bHeuPdaQ https://t.co/xan0VNMHQj
- Mon, 17:52: Has the term thought-leader died a natural death? I hope so.
- Mon, 19:22: I love @M_Z_Harrison podcasts. The latest one on stillness is perfect for this time and any time. Thank you. https://t.co/Cn81quecGq
- Tue, 06:00: “It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chap… https://t.co/xrRNFXle4o
- Tue, 07:30: The endings of endings https://t.co/X5IsWFb3kT / a follow up to today's quote; my little blog offering. https://t.co/tAoi7VzyvR
- Tue, 07:42: Today’s one picture/ near Didworthy if you know the area https://t.co/DRwcGgXM4x
- Tue, 10:19: All these long threads on Twitter. I find them so hard to read let alone fully comprehend; a blog would be so much better.