“Avoid the flourish. Do not be afraid to be weak. Do not be ashamed to be tired. You look good when you’re tired. You look like you could go on forever. Now come into my arms. You are the image of my beauty .”
― Leonard Cohen
“True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.”
It's just getting light; I can't hear the birds, yet, as I've got my headphones on, listening to this week's edition of Quietmusic by Nick Francis. I've listened to it every Sunday for the last decade. In my house (assuming I was playing it via my Bluetooth speaker), the intro used to be a standing joke — my kids would routinely utter, just loud enough for me to here, "Quietmusic...", with sufficient drawl that I knew what they meant: "Here he goes again!"
I've also got Alfie with me. That's a rare treat. Normally, at this time of the morning, he'll be on someone's bed or fast asleep in the lounge; he's a favourite spot on one of the sofas.
And if that's not something to be grateful, then...,
I don't know what else to say.
- Sat, 13:28: Musing on where I might record tomorrow's podcast/monologue. If the weather stays fine and Alfie behaves himself, t… https://t.co/ekZ7qLA8Ey
- Sat, 13:34: This afternoon's music as I sit here catching up on a few things. https://t.co/qCTx4m5Mtw
- Sat, 18:14: Reading The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin. It's a long time since I read a sci-fi book.
- Sat, 19:02: Am I too old to listen to Post Malone? The youngest has already given me that sideways stare... What do you think @MJCarty?
- Sun, 06:00: “Avoid the flourish. Do not be afraid to be weak. Do not be ashamed to be tired. You look good when you’re tired. Y… https://t.co/YouAppan9r
- Sun, 07:07: Which path today? My one photo. https://t.co/HHHGO9NLkJ
- Sun, 07:28: "Blessed, truly blessed" https://t.co/yLmU7EhyDX / today's little blog offering https://t.co/K9azeEFdwF
- Sun, 08:56: Early morning monologue recorded. I hope to post a bit later. I did find myself whispering, a bit like someone was watching me 😆 🍂🌳☀️.
- Sun, 09:47: As promised, this week's audio monologue which I've called Sunday reflections. I'd love to know what you think. Tha… https://t.co/IE9tsEqBKY
- Sun, 12:00: Wanderlust: Rebecca Solnit on How Walking Vitalizes the Meanderings of the Mind https://t.co/avismPOx8y https://t.co/2J5Eqkq6r7