"Just watch! The forms that you see are changing all the time. They never stop. No particular form is ever really there. If you had to describe a cloud, you wouldn’t say it looked like a horse or a soldier. That wouldn’t give you a true sense of the cloud. A cloud is constantly changing. The appearance of form is not the reality. The altering is. That’s the basic fact. There is no coming or going, no birth or death, no decisions being made, no matter how much it seems like that. There is only motion. Anyone can see that if they watch it long enough." — Darryl Bailey, Dismantling the Fantasy: An Invitation to the Fullness of Life (pp. 6-7). New Harbinger Publications. Kindle Edition.
How are you today?
It's the weekend — I think; I keep losing track of time. I'm here again, coffee poured and listening to the dawn chorus from my little cubby-hole, which I call my office.
This is my time of day. I love the quiet, and the wide-open space that it affords me. It's not for everyone (getting up at stupid-O'clock) but it's a habit that I'm loathed to break or even question.
I should say, from the off, that Livejournal (LJ) isn't really the place to be bigging up you or your business — at least that's what I think. It's more a place to talk about stuff you like, shit that's happening across your life, work and family, music — lots of music — and a whole bunch of other eclectic stuff. To be honest, I was in two minds whether to open up the hood of my main site and post there but I've grown used to writing my blogs to LJ and want to keep my main site for longer essays and my published work.( Collapse )
- Fri, 17:13: John Butler - Awakening to spirit https://t.co/monHGmiN5K
- Fri, 17:56: Right now, I wonder what the stories are that are not being spoken let alone shared?
- Fri, 18:40: Tonight's music as I type away on my old Brother typewriter. At the moment, I'm averaging around five poems a night. https://t.co/wU97BHs6BF
- Sat, 06:00: “Every morning was a cheerful invitation to make my life of equal simplicity, and I may say innocence, with Nature… https://t.co/tFkBcDF5xz
- Sat, 07:30: What is (was) my thing? https://t.co/Yp3hEDqkMW / a personal reflection on where I'm at or would like to be. https://t.co/006lPGlWrQ
- Sat, 07:30: Today's poem https://t.co/EIaMSNlb7l / an open heart https://t.co/H49tmeokbn
- Sat, 08:02: Today’s one picture. The light is beautiful this morning. https://t.co/IlVrKvBHzj
- Sat, 08:12: perfect https://t.co/WUTabuHooP
My kids are going to hate me.