“The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.”
― Joseph Campbell, A Joseph Campbell Companion: Reflections on the Art of Living
"A world of dew,
And within every dewdrop
A world of struggle."
-- Kobayashi Issa
It's the end of the working week. Perhaps it's me, but one day feels like the rest — a Monday could be a Saturday and a Sunday a Wednesday.
I'm here again, early.
Is this my new normal? If I'm forced to return to the office — the Gods are massing in that direction (I've not yet had my heart-to-heart) — I hope I can continue the same routine; it's something I enjoy, knowing that creatively I'm being (oh, how I hate the word) productive. I should just say, I'm managing to write and leave it at that.
What of it?
Well, of late, and as part of my walk with Alfie (Alf), I've taken to spending a period of time either sitting or standing mostly in the same place to meditate. It started off as no more than a wish not to rush through my walk — a route march as my wife would say — and take in all of nature's blessing.
Now, it's more deliberate but the technique, if you can call it that, has affected the way I meditate; namely, I now go through all my senses — smell, taste, seeing, touching and feelings/emotions — and calibrate those and take in all that my location offers.( Collapse )
- Thu, 13:00: Me https://t.co/OPLojekwI3 https://t.co/4CDVpAVcRy
- Thu, 13:11: If I was a lawyer in private practice now, I’d be asking myself some very tough questions about my work, the practi… https://t.co/I7YnKpp7Zx
- Thu, 17:32: Stephen Jenkinson on the Corona Crisis - Campfire Stories Interview with Mattias Olson by Orphan Wisdom on… https://t.co/7Ii0Wg0QIU
- Thu, 19:07: i contemplate a tree https://t.co/fgIQ5CVJEU / inspired by my dear friend @andowrites and her @Patreon poem today,… https://t.co/jDC5Pfe7Zg
- Fri, 06:00: “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” ― Jo… https://t.co/gxva2t5POq
- Fri, 06:25: This is so beautiful @SiobhanHRSheri / thank you for sharing 🙏 https://t.co/yRQclx9R6u
- Fri, 07:22: A new spot. My one picture for the day. #blessed https://t.co/rfRcN0lnpr
- Fri, 07:30: My meditation https://t.co/4kH4R0DMgD / today's little blog https://t.co/8FnA6179du
- Fri, 10:47: Thank you Simon / that means a lot 🙏 https://t.co/NSjcSQbp9f