“As soon as you look at the world through an ideology you are finished. No reality fits an ideology. Life is beyond that. … That is why people are always searching for a meaning to life… Meaning is only found when you go beyond meaning. Life only makes sense when you perceive it as mystery and it makes no sense to the conceptualizing mind.”
― Anthony de Mello
“Be — don't try to become”
I'm here, again.
Quietly listening to an album called Four Centuries of Chant.
No words are needed.
But then again, it won't be long before my inner self (monkey mind) powers up and starts creating images, stories and tension.
That's all part of the human condition, right?
Imagine though — if it's not too contrived — a quiet or quieter mind.
Better still, not one filled with images of your apparent choosing but a stillness beyond words.
They come; they go; but you don't ascribe any label.
Sorry, I was daydreaming for a moment.
None of what I said makes any sense, does it, against the backdrop of a murderous pandemic? We all, or so it seems, want to talk about, ruminate on and, in some cases, shout from the heights of the highest I've-got-all-the-answers-building, what's to be done — "we'll have this thing beat in no time at all!"
As crass or even mischievous as it sounds, I'm headed in a different direction; .
Silence in nature.
Silence in the home.
Silence in my reading.
Silence in the silence.
That's not to say I've got nothing to say less still a quiet mind but I've exhausted myself so many times trying to process and deliver on my thoughts that I'm not surprised something has interceded on my behalf. I'm not sure who said it (was it the late Sydney Banks?) but there's the idea that your thinking gets you into trouble, but it can equally get you out of trouble.( Collapse )
- Wed, 13:00: Blessed https://t.co/ZrN6AAUOwi https://t.co/YLimRvJEVJ
- Wed, 17:56: Don't ask. My evening entertainment. As about as real as it gets... https://t.co/z6mRpBLYDZ
- Wed, 18:51: @nextofficial thank you for sorting out the flowers for my daughter. They are lovely and I appreciate how hard you'… https://t.co/CuPNlPFzXY
- Wed, 19:38: daughter #2 sent me this. OMG. Off the scale. I’m in bits. https://t.co/lfse9HKBDr
- Thu, 06:00: “These things will destroy the human race: politics without principle, progress without compassion, wealth without… https://t.co/DUSceU2Sw0
- Thu, 07:30: A quiet mind https://t.co/vDYFvXif0g // today's blog offering https://t.co/rX0J0rLxFw
- Thu, 07:35: It was even wetter than yesterday and quite cold, but I did manage to take a photo today. https://t.co/qQWdCYnZ5I