“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein
I was up early, and have already drunk my first cup of strong, black coffee and am ready for the next one.
Of course, it's Saturday, but then it doesn't feel any different to the previous few days, and it's unlikely my routine will be any different.
And that's good, right?
Probably not judging by the increased movement of people and cars I'm now beginning to see and the change of mood about returning to 'normal'.
It's understandable — we've lost so much — but what will we lose from leaving Covid19 behind and moving on to our 'Exit Strategy'?
Leaving to one side the clear and obvious danger of a second wave of infections, for me at least, I'll miss the deep, reverent quiet both inside and outwith the house, the clean smell of nature, the brightness of the dawn chorus, the slow pace of life, the lack of social interaction (no, this isn't a typo!) and, generally, being much more considered and appreciative of this life and everything it offers — even in these straightened and challenging times.
But things have to return to normal, don't they?
I mean, what's the alternative?
A green future?
What's that?( Collapse )
- Fri, 13:00: A slow day https://t.co/2MYBqKJApz https://t.co/bk8dvo0hCS
- Fri, 17:44: Mindful Mix - Escape for a moment with meditative and calming music - BBC Sounds https://t.co/aE3vOhWsY1 / tonight'… https://t.co/BcFgiGeg26
- Fri, 18:07: On praying whether you believe or not - Austin Kleon https://t.co/vZ8bPQROcX
- Fri, 20:00: How can I help? https://t.co/pd17lO6U7Z https://t.co/mUKnkZW8PZ
- Sat, 06:09: “...and then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?” ― Vincent Willem van Go… https://t.co/qJmpnMLJVo
- Sat, 07:30: Today's little blog offering // On the other side https://t.co/4izlq5fOrL https://t.co/riYt1oBi4g
- Sat, 07:42: Today's one photo https://t.co/1CaoCc737L
- Sat, 11:03: Thank you Paul. https://t.co/tEBrXTuzrA
I shared the other day an old log from a long-forgotten tree. This is now my seat for my daily meditation.
And this is what I look out on.
I know, it doesn't seem much but it brings me into the present moment, seamlessly and without fuss.
Just perfect right now.