It's no accident that this morning I shared the Seth Godin quote.
It's a favourite of mine as is his book, Linchpin.
For the record, yesterday's post, Timeless, wasn't just an echo of my creative life, it represented everything that I'm of and about these days. In putting it out there, I suppose, in a way, I wanted to correct (in my mind at least) any misunderstanding there might be aporpos of me being a writer and anything resembling such a literal interpretation of the word.
On reflection, and having slept on things, where does that leave me, even allowing for the fact that I'm still a lawyer and I expect for that to be part of my life, not necessarily the current iteration, for a while longer?
Well, rather than reverting to labels or the like, why I don't I just say I create...stuff? Yes, currently, it's mostly online — meaning, it's in writing and a few audio recordings (video isn't really my thing) — but at least I'm doing something. OK, it's a bit more than that but I'm showing up and that feels important.
Sorry, that sounds smug but you hopefully know what I'm getting at.( Collapse )
- Thu, 13:00: Mindfulness and Grief for the World https://t.co/tJzO8Y1AjO / audio from Zen Mountain Monastery https://t.co/WOJM1C5EOx
- Thu, 16:07: I shall be reading poetry for the rest of the day. All suggestions welcome.
- Thu, 17:00: Charles Bukowski - Born Into This - Dinosauria, We https://t.co/y6CBhkXhVD
- Thu, 17:18: ...a few early #FF. It’s still a thing, right? @StefanPowell @DrSteveMarshall @PerryTimms @RMWK @charliemackesy… https://t.co/Jcz1oTpt2u
- Thu, 17:30: I would love to do a Zoom call in complete silence save perhaps for the dawn chorus or very quiet music. It would m… https://t.co/djbK692ST1
- Thu, 18:21: Updated my @tumblr theme for the next round of poetry. I’ve been inspired again. Plz don’t ask why. I’ll share pres… https://t.co/Miqi4zwcvz
- Thu, 18:34: Daughter #3 is 🎤 singing. Always makes me cry.
- Thu, 18:41: OMG it’s the @007 theme of @billieeilish she’s singing. I’m in pieces.
- Thu, 18:49: I’ve got Charles Bulowski’s last poetry reading on my playlist. It’s the best live reading of his work.
- Fri, 06:15: “A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order tha… https://t.co/byVChmbO3E