“Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
“This is one more piece of advice I have for you: don't get impatient. Even if things are so tangled up you can't do anything, don't get desperate or blow a fuse and start yanking on one particular thread before it's ready to come undone. You have to realize it's going to be a long process and that you'll work on things slowly, one at a time.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
I'm back to my normal 5 am routine. Sadly, no coffee; I'm waiting on a friend's delivery which looks promising, particularly as I've managed to retrieve my Aeropress from the office.
As I type these few words, I can, right above me, hear Alfie moving about — my wife is getting ready for work (she's a cardiac nurse) — and it won't be long before he bursts into my room, hoping, I'm sure, to get some attention. Yep, right on cue; here he is. Oh, god, I love him. I've had a few dogs over the years but he's the most loving, most attentive of the lot.
I've not read the news or scanned Twitter. As I've said a few times now, it's not helpful to me or my soul. It's not so much a case of sending me over the edge but rather it does take my focus off the present moment, which is much more real, even if, perhaps, I should be keeping abreast of the unfolding calamity.( Collapse )
...in a very long while.
- Thu, 13:58: Endings https://t.co/IuGnpj2bF6 / today's blog post. A little later than usual. https://t.co/uINU8z5tZB
- Thu, 15:28: “Pandemic-related reading” https://t.co/kh5kfs8Vl9 https://t.co/nlKlLdaCIL
- Thu, 15:40: Writing daily, but posting when ready by @sivers https://t.co/rVfltOkpyv / something to ponder. https://t.co/Pu1VBuRHm1
- Thu, 16:15: Day three of working from home. No issues but then again, I always thought I should have been a hermit. That said,… https://t.co/wCFzwC7b8R
- Thu, 17:26: Visualizing the History of Pandemics https://t.co/VWi5AGlSMJ
- Fri, 05:25: “A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the si… https://t.co/NtMbiQsCdp
- Fri, 05:35: Help, I need coffee. Two days of peppermint tea, and I've started to get twitch. https://t.co/reawmw6T3X
- Fri, 06:07: My morning music has been provided by the wonderful @BBCRadio3. Thank you team. Beautiful as always. https://t.co/vOtGtM4lm2
- Fri, 07:23: Patience https://t.co/rhvi8Aopwb / today's little blog offering https://t.co/oaPchouzz1
- Fri, 07:44: Handpan music by David Charrier - Lafa https://t.co/ACEAxbWuPl / so beautiful
...nails it again.
he lives just up the road; enjoy.
Sadly, the hair has long since gone. The scowl...nope, that's still around.