“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”
I'm awake of sorts.
And, I've got a cup of coffee brewed and ready to drink.
I could stop at that point and say "Thank you" and that would be enough, but I think it's also worth remarking on:
1. I've got the day to look forward to, even if it's not exactly the role I would like to be doing — my time will come.
2. I'll get to say "good morning" and "I love you" to my family — even if it's by an electronic medium in the case of my two eldest daughters.
3. I'll get to eat food that I like that will sustain me throughout the day. (We're so lucky with the choices we now have, even if we can't always afford exactly the thing our heart desires.)
4. I've got my health — hell, even at age 52, I can still run, walk and lift weights.
5. I've got my friends and wider family that if I need them would always be there for me. I don't like to call on their help but when I've done so they've always stepped up to the plate.
6. I've got all my faculties. Reading is a miracle as well as writing and I've got more than enough books and supplies to last me a lifetime.
7. I live in a beautiful part of England, right next to Dartmoor and not far from the sea. I don't, as is often the way, make the most of them but they both nourish my soul when I immerse myself in their beauty.( Collapse )