“Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be. If we do our best, we are a success.”
― Zig Ziglar
Currently, sleep, or the point just before I'm fully awake, keeps giving rise to the style and content of these posts. I don't know if that's a good thing. Perhaps I could silence the thoughts or ignore them, but, for now, it is what it is, and who am I who to argue with the Gods?
Here's the thing — with me at least!
I do a lot of talking about potentially doing something, but very little (these days) actual doing. My one and only coach said as much as long ago as 2012.
It has to stop.
But then again, as I've repeatedly said, we can't will our will. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't (at least) shut up talking about said things and .
I've a long list to throw my weight behind:
1. Go freelance or at least lay the groundwork for my eventual escape.
2. Start speaking publicly again.
3. Stop arguing with all and sundry — including myself (ha 🤣 f* ha🤣).
4. Sort our house — there's at least six months worth of DIY.
5. Write my book.
6. Learn to paint — at the moment I'm throwing too much paint around for no effect.
7. Get fit.
8. Stop drinking.
9. Read daily for a minimum of two hours.
10. Spend more time walking, particularly in places I've never been to before.( Collapse )