- Sat, 13:17: Back from the gym having completed another workout with daughter #3. She’s blooming strong and it won’t be longer b… https://t.co/ppvxeOpxLP
- Sat, 17:24: My ah-ha moment: The Heart Sutra ❤️https://t.co/F4WziTetFW
- Sat, 18:21: I love Robert Wolfe's work on non-duality. A short video talking about our dualistic vs. non-dualistic view of the… https://t.co/199fZb8v50
- Sat, 18:32: This is one of the more important quotes I'll share (and I probably share far too many): 'A man can do what he wan… https://t.co/9LjLFsbpRi
- Sat, 18:50: Listening to Derek and Clive. I can't help it. They just make me laugh out loud.
- Sat, 19:24: I like to share a few people to follow on Twitter. This week I'd like to highlight @charlie_psych. He posts such th… https://t.co/NXrjeTQe0N
- Sat, 19:44: Daughter #1 has landed on her feet with her flat in London. I'm so happy for her. It's nice to know she's got a 20-… https://t.co/IAMUPGyeoH
- Sun, 06:00: “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a… https://t.co/DT4j6g57C5
- Sun, 08:36: Quietmusic. My favourite playlist of the week. https://t.co/n24QnwBNQu
- Sun, 11:29: Another gym session completed. It's wonderful to see daughter #3 now starting to create her own workout based on wh… https://t.co/y0hHYdpZse
“I'm simply saying that there is a way to be sane. I'm saying that you can get rid of all this insanity created by the past in you. Just by being a simple witness of your thought processes.
It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say “this is good, this is bad,” you have already jumped onto the thought process.
It takes a little time to create a gap between the witness and the mind. Once the gap is there, you are in for a great surprise, that you are not the mind, that you are the witness, a watcher.
And this process of watching is the very alchemy of real religion. Because as you become more and more deeply rooted in witnessing, thoughts start disappearing. You are, but the mind is utterly empty.
That’s the moment of enlightenment. That is the moment that you become for the first time an unconditioned, sane, really free human being.”
We're here for such a short period.
But we don't see it.
We live for something but in fact, we're dying the moment we're born.
Dark, deep, depressing.
It's conjecture but what everyone seeks is happiness. An everlasting trip to the promised land.
What if freedom was our raison d'etre?
Where would that leave us?
But then again, one path can become as empty as the next.
What if we scrapped all labels and instead accepted that what we're seeking we already are? The pathless path if you will.
I like the way the late Robert Adams described it:
There is no body; there is no mind; there is only love."
Of course it's way out there but then again, think about it.
What is there when there is no thinking?
If you're interested, I offer a limited number of places for coaching clients where I ask you to consider your direct experience of life and what it means to awaken to true self.