I love where I live.
These old set of steps descend to the River Dart that runs close to my house.
Don't ask me why but it always feels, as I start my walk by the river, as if peace has come upon me. Perhaps it's the sound of running water, the clean air or the pace of my walking.
Do you have somewhere you treasure? If so, make the most of it. As we all know too well, life is short. For some, much shorter than others.
( Read more...Collapse )
- Sat, 12:08: South Brent at its finest. #ilovedevon https://t.co/7mlreFkS4q
- Sat, 13:25: Simplicity https://t.co/xK6OZdr5Sw https://t.co/mmU1GBFnFX
- Sat, 16:15: Nice pictures Huw. https://t.co/5KLRwTWsNT
- Sat, 18:09: Can't wait for the day where every restaurant has a #vegan and vegetarian option.
- Sat, 19:12: Thanks @eviesummerhayes https://t.co/2aZ4ZoQrAO
- Sat, 19:20: Finished Amy Johnson's book. Yours if you'd like to read @coachingconnect.
- Sat, 19:22: About to read "Pulp" by Charles Bukowski.
- Sat, 19:23: RT @_kashyapi: My latest letter, with love. https://t.co/XH7PTXuoOu Stay in the loop: https://t.co/mossFfjO5y #zen #poetry #haiku #newsle…
- Sat, 19:34: Music has been such a big part of my life.
- Sat, 19:36: @fsummerhayes15 😉 https://t.co/R0BCOG4zbo
“In the universe, there are things that are known, and things that are unknown, and in between, there are doors.”
― William Blake
Words are a poor description for life.
No, I don't mean the envious, greedy and nihilistic 'me'. I mean the infinite.
We have to see through our thoughts though if we're ever going to understand that life isn't lived in the past or hoping for a better future.
Awareness, the now or presence. It doesn't really matter.
What matters is the disassociation with our thinking self.
I know. You're probably sick to death of this meme but, in the end, if that's where you end your days, you'll never find inner peace let alone happiness.