- Tue, 12:58: What (if anything) are you searching for? https://t.co/Ar7woTUs9l https://t.co/zZwpQLgXmS
- Tue, 15:13: If I ran an event would anyone come? I've my doubts. https://t.co/x9MQ6LZJXD
- Tue, 15:28: I’m reading a fascinating piece called “Are we Awake?” by the late A R Orage one of Gurdjieff’s most important stud… https://t.co/WwQx7zWWlT
- Tue, 16:34: Things haven’t moved on much. Live in the question: it’s so important. https://t.co/nmZnSz3hDI https://t.co/hkWSPQtJvt
- Wed, 04:56: I'm a #girldad too. ❤️❤️❤️ https://t.co/2m8AFuTQp5
- Wed, 05:33: "Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its roots into the very depth of your he… https://t.co/XQ48HD8ldg
- Wed, 07:20: Good morning ☕ https://t.co/uqxtaca0N4 / today's blog offering #nonduality https://t.co/aBtk7X262n
- Wed, 11:04: Are you happy? | on Patreon https://t.co/GHkzLyDxgf https://t.co/MceYzWADL6
- Wed, 11:32: no-thing https://t.co/QG0P66YayN https://t.co/sMq20Ge0wu
- Wed, 11:55: Thank you Rick. 🙏 https://t.co/tVLzmUhXIE
I've updated it.
If I'm able to raise the necessary funds for another year of hosting — it's around £200 — then I'll keep it. If not, it will go to the blogosphere in the sky.
- Mon, 12:49: 407. Robert Saltzman https://t.co/l37WDx7C6g / perhaps the best interview I've watched https://t.co/zMZgiJ1Lwl
- Mon, 13:15: Osho https://t.co/U3N0axz568
- Mon, 16:30: I've been car sharing with my wife for nearly two years. Perhaps we're not doing much to help the environment but t… https://t.co/Hthiij1wtu
- Mon, 19:32: Saying sorry. It doesn't have to be fancy and certainly not contrived; but, sadly, it's not done often enough. https://t.co/Z03Dly2cA9
- Mon, 19:43: I know there are some amazing Devon beers but I have to say that @bathales take some beating.
- Tue, 06:00: Where there is no attachment for the good and abhorrence for the bad is called the state of equanimity. The one wit… https://t.co/mlQLqBJXvM
- Tue, 07:30: Good morning 🧊 https://t.co/jzhicmGPb8 / today's little blog offering ❤️ https://t.co/itHS4LIQ8W
- Tue, 11:35: We talk endlessly about freedom of speech as in inalienable right, but what about freedom to speak in an office or… https://t.co/yTlqmBTd0q
Good morning from a rather chilly Devon.
Overnight, we're supposed to have had snow on the high Moors (Dartmoor and Exmoor). I don't know: where I live — about 16 miles from the highest point of Dartmoor — it looks, from my little office window, wet and a bit slushy.
I hope 🤞 that my wife and I can get to work. Sadly, despite living in an area that does get snow and ice — not on a biblical scale but it comes every year — we never seem equipped both at a macro (i.e. the County) and a micro (i.e. the car drivers) level.
Anyhow, the coffee is poured. I've gone a bit OTT with the amount, but, hey, at least it will keep me functioning for the next couple of hours before I have to refuel. These days, two cups a day is my limit before I switch to water and possibly the occasional green tea mid-afternoon.
At work, I've got a piece of litigation that's bubbling away. It's nothing compared to what I used to deal with but it's not something the directors of my current company like or are used to. It's not so much that it sends them into a tailspin but, rather, they like to sort things out in a commercial and pragmatic way — always the best way in my opinion — and when the other side, not in nasty way I might add, starts waving the big stick, well, let's just say they're out of their comfort zone.( Collapse )
I'm in love with their beer.
I hope they continue to make a great Amber Ale and IPA.( Collapse )
Today, I lost two Livejournal friends.
Or to be precise: they unfriended me.
I've not reached out to enquire why; I respect anyone who does so — it's a free place.
But I am genuinely sorry if I've caused offence, gone off topic or pi**ed them off.
Perhaps in time I might, once again, earn their trust but, in the meantime, all I can do is show up, write or share and, well, the rest (I hope) will look after itself.
Much love, Ju.
This looks interesting.
I hope we've still got a Netflix subscription? I never use it; the family does — a lot.
- Sun, 12:43: Duality https://t.co/k94D0oqP31 https://t.co/E0Fdu66OIg
- Sun, 14:04: Rip off world https://t.co/altkkY2Vmo https://t.co/zvraDy0nkx
- Sun, 14:21: Perfection 🙏 Philip Glass - Metamorphosis https://t.co/yrbS3BhNWv
- Mon, 06:00: “Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul.” ― Walt Whitman https://t.co/AGP5Tp5W2t
- Mon, 07:20: Good morning https://t.co/CIuEHiMbyF / today's little blog offering on Livejournal. It's turning into a daily diary… https://t.co/RX6zaQPHXt
- Mon, 11:17: The book I’m now reading. https://t.co/BSmefkRCoO https://t.co/4kicxVT4p9
I work in an office.
I've done so for a very long time — since 1989.
It's not been my exclusive domain: I've worked (inter alia) on building sites, digging graves, calling bingo and at home.
For me, Monday has meant anything more than another day of work. It comes, it goes and, before you know it, the weekend arrives.
But, I know, for a lot of people, they dread it 😰.
I should, perhaps, ask them "Why?", but I guess it's the monotony, the drudgery of work or having to face their denuded soul(s) all over again.
One day, well, as I keep saying, it won't come again. That statement's not life-sustaining or anything but for me at least, it's a healthy dose of the awesomeness of life.
To be clear, I've never been into cheerleading. I don't believe that anyone can motivate another human being over the long haul. Sure, you might have your senses heightened by bearing witness to the feats and endeavours of others, but you're unique, meaning, you'll always express yourself the way you'll express yourself.
I also realise that not everyone works. Some people can't, some are retired and others would like to but aren't given the chance. And to that extent, I'm talking, not for the first time, from a privileged position.
But whatever the circumstances, we'd do well to pinch ourselves to remind us that this day is unique and will never come again.
Much love ❤️, Ju